Saturday, December 3, 2016

Silver Mountain Water natural interpretation and inspiring oils/absolutes

 Happy Saturday, very happy to report a perfume natural botanical  personal interpretation of Creed's Silver Mountain Water  has turned out lovely. I made about three versions for my friend over the years but this one seems to be the most linear.  That linear quality when composing natural perfumes can be hard to obtain. This occurs most often when working with carrier oils. Unfortunately  I can't afford natural perfumers alcohol.  This creates a necessity for the wear to give it a minute before the introduction of Everclear disappears. It's rather a pain in the butt. My introduction to truly elevating natural perfumes came a few years ago sampling a few of Providence Perfume's offerings. No clunkiness in composition  to be found,  but elegance.  I believe Charna (from Providence P and I have a strong affinity for the same  particular fragrance notes.   I think that's why I drool over her  compositions, though unfortunately I can't afford them.
 What extra money I have goes to find scented botanical jewels  found in the natural perfumery world. White lotus aromatics has Genet/Broom  absolute back in. It's hard not to drool and have wistful dreams of being a millionaire while perusing their site.  New on my pallete is Choya Loben which I recommend smelling the aroma on a warm ceramic stone.  On a paper strip Choya will come across immediately smokey terpine & resinous by placing it on (what I've used was a soufflé bakeware turned upside down in the oven for a minute then placing a few drops of oil on it)  The order immediately warmed into dreamy Siam benzoin creaminess.
  Another recent heappy discovery was Aftelier's frankincense from Kenya. It was the most light, joyful and lemon noted frankincense I'd ever come across. Liberty Natural has one from Kenya that smells about identical.
 I hope to be blogging a bit more as I am gearing up to hopefully open the Etsy store in the spring. I have another surgery to go through not on my neck this time but on my foot the end of December  Many surgeries over the past years have squashed my perfume making but I am reenergized.
Happy Saturday. -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment