The nose knows..

The nose knows.. normally, but I had surgery on my sinuses, which if you are suffering from chronic headaches I highly suggest you have a cat scan of your sinuses performed.  My headaches are down from everyday to a weeks worth a month which is amazing.  On top of cluster headaches and migraines I had Sluder's Neuralgia from the big ol' bone spur that was way up off my septum. The only and not even bat an eyelash drawback to the operation is that I will be unable to use all my olfactory faculties for a while. It is pretty disconcerting to be scent blinded to familiar notes that are even in my own compositions. Perhaps when this all heals up (they reduced turbinates and straightened my septum as well) I will be able to smell a heck of a lot better. In the mean time I am being cruelly teased by Eden Botanical's (the botanical shop where I buy a majority of my supplies) vastly widened selection of fine absolutes and other oils.
 I really enjoyed the brief time and the incredible welcome back I experienced opening Vireo during the holidays. Perhaps spring or summer Vireo will be up on Etsy again.

 I hope everyone has been happy and well!
-Kait


Comments

Popular Posts