decisions decisions....coco violette Parasol
Hmmm. It is so hard to pick just three.... I shouldn't post until rightly decided. Having adhd is NO help being a perfumer!
So "Coco Violette" is FOR SURE. It makes my few test subjects dive their nose into their arm and glue it there.
The others solid perfumes in line waiting to be picked like in a pageant.... Sigh....
My dilemma...
As expected the vanilla caviar can be a little messy at the bottom at the container.
The amber smells great though, perhaps I will make a version sans bean.
"Parasol" is a bit muddled and needs to be refined with a more distinct top note and less busy heart.
My mimosa.. well, needs more mimosa which I get this week. I will be tincturing banana.. that sounds odd but can be done. "banana?!" you barf.. I try to convince, "No really, I will burn it and make it caramelized and, and..."
BUT it is NOT my job to convince the smeller.
They hopefully will come along for the scent story and journey and make it their own.
No convincing how incredible and what souls these living essences have. Synthetics I have a problem with. Soulless, they are linear and without depth. They force themselves upon everyone like an uninvited, impolite a close- talking, nosey guest. And talk about the clinging! Oh how they cling to everything around. How many times have you been to a movie, coffee shop or restaurant and you come out smelling of grandma's or some gal's eye watering musk?
"Poo, poo!" I say!
So "Coco Violette" is FOR SURE. It makes my few test subjects dive their nose into their arm and glue it there.
The others solid perfumes in line waiting to be picked like in a pageant.... Sigh....
My dilemma...
As expected the vanilla caviar can be a little messy at the bottom at the container.
The amber smells great though, perhaps I will make a version sans bean.
"Parasol" is a bit muddled and needs to be refined with a more distinct top note and less busy heart.
My mimosa.. well, needs more mimosa which I get this week. I will be tincturing banana.. that sounds odd but can be done. "banana?!" you barf.. I try to convince, "No really, I will burn it and make it caramelized and, and..."
BUT it is NOT my job to convince the smeller.
They hopefully will come along for the scent story and journey and make it their own.
No convincing how incredible and what souls these living essences have. Synthetics I have a problem with. Soulless, they are linear and without depth. They force themselves upon everyone like an uninvited, impolite a close- talking, nosey guest. And talk about the clinging! Oh how they cling to everything around. How many times have you been to a movie, coffee shop or restaurant and you come out smelling of grandma's or some gal's eye watering musk?
"Poo, poo!" I say!
Comments
Post a Comment