Weapons of stinky destruction, floral absolutes, Blending
So I let my car die and didn't renew my insurance. Instead am spending the money to buy supplies for my shop. Funny the things you do when you are addicted to having smell goods!
But the perfume organ must be restocked and expanded! I have a obsession to be a scent adventurer! It is like exploring new lands with out leaving your home or a painter given free pick of the art supply store after only having three colors to use. It is that kind of excitement receiving a new oil you haven't smelled/worked with.
Holy beans did I buy some goodies to play with! ( disclaimer: these were by no means large amounts) Floral concretes, more floral, citrus absolutes, organic extracts, rhododendron leaf, saffron, cepes, many woods, yuzu, strange and wonderful shrub oils, a well aged patchouli, more patchouli, restocked 4 sandalwoods. Ahhh! To bathe in that beeswax absolute and vanilla bourbon. (sorry bees)(sorry savings account!) Hey I can still work living in a cardboard box.
As for revamping the shop the scents will be more focused, less cluttered and intimate. There is a problem with working with oils as a carrier in that compositions can become heavy.
The problem with buying such expensive materials is that you can be terrified of making mistakes that will send you flogging yourself for days.
Then there is the ever constant of trying to polish a poop. You just think you can fix it by adding a little of this or that and then you have a weapon of stinky destruction on your hands. Sometimes these bombs turn into flowers over time so it's hard to throw them out.
Hmmmm. Now about those alcohol based perfumes I been hiding all these years...
But the perfume organ must be restocked and expanded! I have a obsession to be a scent adventurer! It is like exploring new lands with out leaving your home or a painter given free pick of the art supply store after only having three colors to use. It is that kind of excitement receiving a new oil you haven't smelled/worked with.
Holy beans did I buy some goodies to play with! ( disclaimer: these were by no means large amounts) Floral concretes, more floral, citrus absolutes, organic extracts, rhododendron leaf, saffron, cepes, many woods, yuzu, strange and wonderful shrub oils, a well aged patchouli, more patchouli, restocked 4 sandalwoods. Ahhh! To bathe in that beeswax absolute and vanilla bourbon. (sorry bees)(sorry savings account!) Hey I can still work living in a cardboard box.
As for revamping the shop the scents will be more focused, less cluttered and intimate. There is a problem with working with oils as a carrier in that compositions can become heavy.
The problem with buying such expensive materials is that you can be terrified of making mistakes that will send you flogging yourself for days.
Then there is the ever constant of trying to polish a poop. You just think you can fix it by adding a little of this or that and then you have a weapon of stinky destruction on your hands. Sometimes these bombs turn into flowers over time so it's hard to throw them out.
Hmmmm. Now about those alcohol based perfumes I been hiding all these years...
You must be my Northwest twin! This post sounds exactly like my inner monologue . . . really what is more important than a well stocked perfume organ? The joy I feel when a package of new oils and absolutes arrives is almost embarrassing. The ecstasy is quickly followed by a sliver of guilt (so much $$$!) and pressure (don't screw up, this orris costs more than gold.) I love when a bomb turns into a flower :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Charna
Ahhhk! Holy beans and Rice with cheese on top! Did You just post on my site?(rubbing eyes, clearing the tumble weeds.)
ReplyDeleteI love your blog having recently found it and am a new fan. I wanted to post to a comment yesterday. I only just figured out how to a little while ago how to fix the java script whatever thing to post. Which I will do post haste as I wanted to comment about a few things. Gush!
Thank you for honoring my ghostly rambling site! Water signs unite!