Lilac and Rue tincturing

Lilac tincturing..oh boy if you are are going to do it be prepare to be..very committed..as in..married to the lilac tree and it's blossoms and pray for no rain as those blossoms need to be dry and they sure spend quickly huh?
So, I remove each blossom from the lilac bundle and put them in the jar, cover it with organic alcohol until the little blooms loose their color -which is with-in a few minutes. I remove the maceration and repeat the process. So far I’ve achieved a hearty tincture but the staying power is fleeting.. ( the photo belo is about 1/2 the amount achieved) ..enough for the lilacs to say, “You’ve caught me! Enjoy my gorgeous spirit while it lasts..about as long as a meandering Shelly poem.
And Rue.. that’s for pesky bugs to stop their entry into the house. “You shall not pass Ants!” A spray they do not like at all. I do not spray ants good golly I can’t but think of them at their level working so hard not knowing anything but needing to work,work,work.
If you want berries to burst forth w/ out bugs- grow a rue plant beside it. I’ve had strawberries infested w/ aphids become completely pest free w/ a tiny rue start next to them. :) What a good plant.





Comments

Popular Posts