Genuineness people & perfume
I think we all can agree being kind & genuine with someone can elevate their day. A genuine "thank you" for someone being helpful as a small example.
One can be genuine with a friend, listening with compassion and caring.
I have run into kerfuffles with my genuineness-in a world that is not always often- maybe it is because they out of compassion think it is a kindness not to be.
I'm sure you dear reader, would always prefer genuine honesty any day.
It is a problem one runs into, especially I think when you're on a "spectrum", one may automatically assume people are being they're genuine selves- telling the truth when they speak. If you're given slight evidence of the opposite -genuineness may bit difficult to navigate.
All is an fools paradise until confronted with evidence that brings you doubt.
Sending ones perfume out into the world is an example. It may seem like nothing as perfumes are sent out often but we perfumers are very aware of each one. We very much appreciate feedback. Sometimes we are quite anxious about each bottle or just in a Zen way let them go. We are not unfeeling robots, we care about our art, we want to know what people think or the experiences with them. People may say nothing which in itself is I think it's own critique.
I have personally seen new perfumers release first mods ( first perfume creations) out into the world which are honestly not ready- then they get praised because people do not want to hurt the feelings or believe they are discouraging the novice. I want to let people know that this is detrimental. It's easy to say "oh this smells great!" and then have the perfumer go their merry way. I would encourage if you are a perfume lover, care about this art -now more than ever it is a time to be genuine in responding if there is an opportunity to give an impression, feedback about a perfume. It can be constructive and if it is genuine it should be received with great gratitude. There are many new perfumers releasing perfumes quickly without genuine feedback causing them to not spend enough time behind the bench learning -this makes them release more and more perfumes that are not of a quality and vision that could be up to their potential. It becomes a cycle of feeding the ego versus the rewards that are really meaningful -not from hollow praises but from the work, patience, courage and confidence building that comes from the crucial time needed to face what each of us perfumers need to work on, what a perfume needs artistically then releasing the perfumes when they are at a standard and apprentice Perfumers obtained the self-respect from putting in the work, little victories that is required in this art to create Perfume that I feel is a responsibility to be called perfumer we must be able to navigate out perfume organ-material by material translating our or anyone's ideas, dreams creativity -intention into scent.
I know that I need to take this time myself. it never ends- perfume is something you truly can never, I think master.
As far as receiving feedback myself. I don't think I've often had that "feedback compassion" from people -most often receiving the: "if you havent anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". it's an excruciating revelation at the times.
That is the last thing any perfumer wants- or person that is artistic or trying to express in a medium --to become completely unremarkable and like so many things in life feel that it doesn't matter if they do or do not do their art- it just wouldn't matter.
Comments
Post a Comment