Heavenly scents, Store name,Starting to sell: have a Lapsang bid and farmers market
Well, this is a wee success for me. I stopped into a oil shop and gave her a sample of my Lapsang tea oil tincture. We had talked about tincturing Lapsang so so long ago I think she almost forgot. She was thrilled, loved it and said how people were always coming in looking for a "campfire smell" She the brought it back to her boss who told the sales gal that I should bring in a price sheet to sell my oil there. I couldn't believe it. Lapsang is such a love/ hate tea. One friend said, "I like campfires but not in my mouth.". My best friend hates the tea and gave me a tin from a leftover gift she had received.
With this "price sheet" ( I have no idea what the hell to charge) I am going to add some " blends with.." notes such as Vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, juniper, cedarwood, amber...etc
So I have been frantically brewing more. I would take more time but the tea seems to be responding well to the coco oil and method I use. Lapsang seems to need a fixative with some strength. As a preservitive and base support I have added a minute amount of diluted benzoin. It isn't probably even doing squat at the level. I'm talking 4 drops in 4 oz. For a carrier, this time in frac coconut oil. Jojoba took forever. It doesn't have as long a shelf life and I don't care how much people praise the stuff, it makes me break out.
Now I have to settle on a business name. My bestfriend suggested, KiND Scents or Scents of Nature. I suggested combining the two."KiND Scents of Nature".
I still love, "Vireo Natural perfumes"(or custom perfumes)
By May I have to have my act together for selling at a friends amazing herb market stand. I am pretty sure I am going to compose solid absolute perfumes contained in small beautifully carved rosewood screwtop containers.
Because I am using such high end products I am broke always living on a disability. Oy! I must be nuts! But if you have ever smelled cucumber fresh violet leaf absolute, heavenly fir absolute or the strange feral, berry like but addictive black currant perhaps you would understand.
Comments
Post a Comment