Making some changes on Etsy, Great Galbanum

Greetings!
It's been treasury happy on Etsy which is wonderful. People have been nice enough to pick my shop pretty often. How do they find me?
I didn't seem to notice that I am a "featured" seller. I am a little short a stick of a bundle making my way around that site. My page goes against all the successful marketing tools.
Actually I am content of the turtle pace of my shop. I do not need orders having to fly out the door everyday. That would be stressful.
Though as I said me being "one short stick.." I have under-charged all my products on Etsy since I opened. This is in part due to some serious self doubt in my abilities. O.k. There I said it.
But I can't keep these prices so low any longer for the quality I demand.
Then there is the fact recently my brand new batches of perfumes have gone up to Extrait strength! The whole time I have been selling my perfumes at Eau de parfum %'s and not even realizing (or admitting it to myself.) What a dummy I am. So now I have put up a section on Etsy for "Eau de parfums". Even though all my oils are at that strength. My weird guilt of feeling bad at charging people causes me to not up prices to full value because I LOVE giving people things for free ever since I was a kid! Even though I am as poor as snot. I just love people being/making people happy.
I am one of those people, people. I love people. I think everyone has a story to tell and should be treated with empathy and compassion. On the other hand I am a bit of a recluse. Being a musician for 20 years and a bartender can do that to you.
Blah blah! What is this? A Kaitlyn tell all?
What I guess this all is leading up to is a long winded, guilt ridden explanation that I have to raise my prices. I WILL have colorful bottles with roll on tops, the perfumes will be a tad stronger(though god knows they are bomb strength already) My packaging will be a bit more neat. I'm trying to not be so bad a wrapping it looks like it was done by alcoholic X-mas elves.
There will also be deluxe extrait offerings, more solids and aromatherapy sprays in the future.

A heads up to those who have bought "Great Galbanum" has been given a bit of a makeover. I felt it needed more lighter citrus and cyprus on top.
The version of "Smoke follows beauty" is amazingly resplendent with sandalwoods. Boy, That one just just jumps to the sandalwoods and balsams.
"Lovers Patchouli" has more rose absolute, golden champaca and patchouli Co2 in it.
There are a few other slight differences in blends that are to be expected working in such small amounts.
Oh, I must find time to put up a FB page. If I announce that "Smoke follows beauty" is in another treasury my friends will hide me.

Take care my smell good friends!
Kait

Comments

Popular Posts