Simple pleasures of new bottles ordered, Orpheum
So it has been a little while since my last update.
I just put in an order for dram sized roller bottles of different colors for my Etsy site. It is exciting! I have bemoaned my simple packaging for a long time. The labels will still be made via my "drunken scissor hands". The roller ball is an upgrade I think my supporters will like.
There is a new perfume up called,"Orpheum" It is a fresh citrus chypre with a real mossy base.
I wanted it to recall the wet, rain forest, mountainous, seaweed laden, rocky beaches where I grew up in Juneau Alaska. Since it started as a custom there is a strong bergamot top note as the woman I made it for loves the note.
My latest batch of vanilla is sublime. I feel almost guilty for the last. I can stand firmly behind this one pronouncing it about as rich as a CO2. Yummy! I just need a tiny bit in my perfume blends.
On Etsy I am going to have an extravagence section where I will be selling an Extraits. The first one is called, "Decadence". It was a custom that I thought would be too expensive to sell. But I decided it was just too gorgeous not to share with the Etsy folks. I was able to make a just over a wee 1/2 ounce. It is a grand tribute to jasmine with a heavy amber base. The woman had aninteresting and fun request of her custom perfume being something between my two perfumes,"Hedone" and "A Kiss From An Old Flame" with out any Ylang Ylang or Rose. I used 2 different jasmine absolutes and pink lotus absolute for the heart. It is a SWEEEET blend.
Most all of my perfumes on Etsy are eau de parfums I always forget to mention that. Sigh...I notice that I way undercharge as well by the looks of most other natural perfume sites using the same or lesser naturals. It is almost laughable! I mean I saw on one a person charging $30.00 for a 5/8 dram size sample! The oils where not that outstandingly expensive in it.
Now, I know these people can't be using any absolutes or botanicals fancier than what I buy so am I insane?
I did decide to explain more on my Etsy site how I can use such high quality botanicals. One, that I buy in such small amounts and two, I make such small amounts. Wait...I gues I don't need to explain #2.
Anyway, I am so happy that I have my return customers. They keep me going and I feel almost like I have developed a few far away friends.
I hope everyone had a great New Year!
Take Care, Kait
I just put in an order for dram sized roller bottles of different colors for my Etsy site. It is exciting! I have bemoaned my simple packaging for a long time. The labels will still be made via my "drunken scissor hands". The roller ball is an upgrade I think my supporters will like.
There is a new perfume up called,"Orpheum" It is a fresh citrus chypre with a real mossy base.
I wanted it to recall the wet, rain forest, mountainous, seaweed laden, rocky beaches where I grew up in Juneau Alaska. Since it started as a custom there is a strong bergamot top note as the woman I made it for loves the note.
My latest batch of vanilla is sublime. I feel almost guilty for the last. I can stand firmly behind this one pronouncing it about as rich as a CO2. Yummy! I just need a tiny bit in my perfume blends.
On Etsy I am going to have an extravagence section where I will be selling an Extraits. The first one is called, "Decadence". It was a custom that I thought would be too expensive to sell. But I decided it was just too gorgeous not to share with the Etsy folks. I was able to make a just over a wee 1/2 ounce. It is a grand tribute to jasmine with a heavy amber base. The woman had aninteresting and fun request of her custom perfume being something between my two perfumes,"Hedone" and "A Kiss From An Old Flame" with out any Ylang Ylang or Rose. I used 2 different jasmine absolutes and pink lotus absolute for the heart. It is a SWEEEET blend.
Most all of my perfumes on Etsy are eau de parfums I always forget to mention that. Sigh...I notice that I way undercharge as well by the looks of most other natural perfume sites using the same or lesser naturals. It is almost laughable! I mean I saw on one a person charging $30.00 for a 5/8 dram size sample! The oils where not that outstandingly expensive in it.
Now, I know these people can't be using any absolutes or botanicals fancier than what I buy so am I insane?
I did decide to explain more on my Etsy site how I can use such high quality botanicals. One, that I buy in such small amounts and two, I make such small amounts. Wait...I gues I don't need to explain #2.
Anyway, I am so happy that I have my return customers. They keep me going and I feel almost like I have developed a few far away friends.
I hope everyone had a great New Year!
Take Care, Kait
2 lessons in economics can be learned here. First off, if you charge less, you drive the whole market down, as others would have to lower their prices to compete. For example, if a soundtrack composer charges less for their work than you do, then you subsequently have to lower your price to compete.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, when you charge less it gives the impression that your products are inferior. For example, because Gibson charges $43897509483172534 for their Les Paul, it gives people the impression that it's really really nice, whereas several companies make better versions than Gibson that cost less, but don't garner the same respect.