New goal, new perfume, trying to simplify blends... working on a new one
New goal: simplify perfumes by reducing the number of notes. I need to calm the manic mad scientist and create compostions less cluttered to my nose.
Just getting one whiff of a few of my perfumes can start my head spinning.
"why did you need to add more? It was fine where it was at!"
I made a lovely velvety soft, serene but melancholy perfume today. I again challenged my disliking for powdery perfumes and created a much simpler blend than Hollywood Babylon. It is more refined and lacks the green top notes. Actually it is quite different.
My fragrance recalls a tiny bit of the perfume, L'Heur Bleue without that caustic lingering middle I do not like and sans the hoarding of old perfume from drugstores grandma. Sorry drugstore hoarding grandmas!
I may call my eau de parfum oil, Her answer was always,"Love". I know that is a bit long.
Hmmm. How about, "Love, Always"? I also debated the French word for serene. Boring.
Notes in the perfume include absolutes of basil and violet leaf, bergamot and anise
Heartnotes of absolutes: tuberose, jasmine grandi and rose Moroc, orris root
A base of: vanilla bourbon, amber accord, tonka bean
Just getting one whiff of a few of my perfumes can start my head spinning.
"why did you need to add more? It was fine where it was at!"
I made a lovely velvety soft, serene but melancholy perfume today. I again challenged my disliking for powdery perfumes and created a much simpler blend than Hollywood Babylon. It is more refined and lacks the green top notes. Actually it is quite different.
My fragrance recalls a tiny bit of the perfume, L'Heur Bleue without that caustic lingering middle I do not like and sans the hoarding of old perfume from drugstores grandma. Sorry drugstore hoarding grandmas!
I may call my eau de parfum oil, Her answer was always,"Love". I know that is a bit long.
Hmmm. How about, "Love, Always"? I also debated the French word for serene. Boring.
Notes in the perfume include absolutes of basil and violet leaf, bergamot and anise
Heartnotes of absolutes: tuberose, jasmine grandi and rose Moroc, orris root
A base of: vanilla bourbon, amber accord, tonka bean
Comments
Post a Comment