Le Poire thread.. expect an odyssey (links fixed)
Well...this is part of the influence of perfume...then there is Homer’s Odyssey , The female shape, A lovely platter of sweets, dollops of cream, Lemon blossoms, honied white flowers and blossoms and green but just ripe pears I can’t escape
Erik Satie’s musical response
“Trois morceaux en forme de 🍐”
(3 pieces in the form of a 🍐)
to accusations that his music lacked structure is providing much inspiration.
Satie: I brought them to Debussy, who asked, Why such a title?' Why?
-Simply, my dear friend, because you cannot criticize my Pieces in the shape of a 🍐. If they are en forme de 🍐 they cannot be shapeless."
Aldo Ciccolini is an excellent interpreter of Satie’s music I highly recommend his Satie:Piano Works boxed set on EMI
Here is a performance (not from the set)
Trois morceaux en forme de poire
Aaand from my new wobbly Vireo Instagram (vireperfumes):
The muses are shooting arrows at me at all directions from music, history and art. I also have a synesthesia that happens with color when I blend. If the odor doesn’t match the color synesthesia- ( say with this pear perfume I vividly feel the color of the apple in the painting of Magritte’s Son of Man)I have to adjust the blending. It’s kind of odd.
Magritte’s Son of Man
which is one of the muses for the new Pear perfume. It’s a fantasy perfume with many muses. The painting is affecting my blending via synesthesia. I’m influenced by the color of the apple.. which I picture as the pear note...but I also am creating a natural apple note behind the pear.. if I feel like I’m not getting the color of the pear through my blending I have to adjust say the color( blend heart or pear note ) feels too dark I have to lighten the notes to adjust and lighten to make it more like the painting.. through scent..this is all kind of strange and perfect because if you know the story behind the painting Son of Man.. well, I’ll just tell you what Magritte said:
At least it hides the face partly well, so you have the apparent face, the apple, hiding the visible but hidden, the face of the person. It's something that happens constantly. Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see. There is an interest in that which is hidden and which the visible does not show us. This interest can take the form of a quite intense feeling, a sort of conflict, one might say, between the visible that is hidden and the visible that is present.

Comments
Post a Comment