Updated:Lovers Amber & you may be thinking I’m procrastinating with all the tincturing..?

Well... if so you might be right I’m a little nervous to open the shop again but no worries I have well started on all the blends and the Lovers Amber is already finished.  I gave a little tester’s bottle to a friend -please excuse the label on this bottle as I hand scribed on it.
An alcohol blend like Lovers Amber which is heavy with sappy resins will be a little under 2/3 organic alcohol perfume, then at the bottom of the bottle ( as oil is heavier than alcohol) will be a carrier of organic fractionated coconut oil or jojoba for the customer to pick.
I actually enjoy the separation in the bottle. It looks pretty and the final application after shaking it gently like a small bottle of salad dressing ( I hope that’s not off-putting ) is silky and creates  superior longevity.
  Photo at the the bottom of the page shows the bottle. I would prefer a more attractive cap.
The Lovers Amber is primordially a bit gunky -there are a lot of lovely resins, (and literally that 35 million year old tree resin for one) tinctures, absolutes and CO2 ‘s. It’s unabashedly sensual in it’s heaviness -as it has had years blend. The Labdanum resin and absolute are vintage at this point which creates a definite Ambergris note.  The saffron, spices, incenses, agarwood, powdery floral, natural musk accords have definitely bloomed. If I did not cut it with a carrier the top notes would be a bit punk rock for the average consumer. one would have to handle more exotic spices in the forefront and a fair amount of resin possible annoying their skin-being sticky. I am tempted to not filter it through fullers earth and let the vanilla beans, floaters of waxes and resins to unsightly but aromatically further developed overtime.

 One a getting foofoo....that Lovers Amber may enhance creativity - I normally do not get foo-foo-y like that but I think it would really suit to wear when trying to be tap into being less anxious with reaching a creative mindset. The blend presents the wearer with so many olfactory complexities and comfort that it creates a sense of curiosity and balance. I think it may awaken the endorphins which also .........um... how to put this delicately... sets a mood.

As before with my store I so wish I could be more upscale with my packaging but as people know I am on Social Security disability and every last bit of my funds goes into these incredibly expensive olfactory materials not the packaging so it’s all what is in the blends not is was wrapped around or labeled upon them. though one can dream.....
Fragrant and peaceful blessing for the week. Keep on truckin’ my friends.  We can get through  difficult days finding fortitude in the little things we love and that brings us joy.
Lovers Amber— a few notes
Precious woods, exotic spices, red champaca & rich florals, vintage: incense, resins, balsams, sandalwood and patchouli. Home tinctured:Madagascar and Tahitian vanilla beans,costus root,figs, flowers, buds, saffron & tea &  and an old shoe with cheese on it —— just kidding !




Comments