"Mother stands for comfort.."
"Mother stands for comfort.." That is from a Kate Bush song.
I created a perfume blend this morning dedicated to mothers and the support and comfort they can bring. I was pretty heavy with emotions I have been feeling a bit blue. I could use one of those hugs that only a mom can give.
My mom passed Christmas Eve 2004. Her hugs were smothering..actually I couldn't breathe and would try to squirm out of them but when I was sick I wanted and received her full attention. She would buy me a book and sign it, there would be a treat and a little gift. this was always a great surprise as we were poor as mud.
She was a mom that would always let me know she loved me. She would always say, " I love you to pieces!"
That was kind of funny because it made me think of an axe murderer as she said it in her chipmunk-like high voice.
In creating this scent I wanted a big comforting, reassuring hug. The kind when you are at your lowest and feel the most vulnerable and damn, you just admit you could use a mom's love at that moment..
We all have complicated relationships with our parents but this is a scent celebrating history, nurturing and safety. I used all of the notes that give me the most relaxed of feelings. I became emotional making it, but felt wrapped in a blanket as well.
I used vegetable musk for the mamma element, sweet balsams, my infused vanilla for feeling like you could use a blanket. Myrrh (my home infused) and frankincense for a mom's wisdom. Labdanum, organic patchouli and vetiver for when I was born. (1969 my mom was a free spirit and had bone straight hair black hair and looked great in a mini skirt.)
I didn't hold back using my my favorite sandalwoods, rose otto and ylang 1, It represents the heart and that the notes speak of how she always believed I could do anything, told me I was beautiful and encouraged the arts. She also always called me, "rose bud lips" She would coo that I had that shape of mouth as a baby.
The single top note is in tribute my mom's cinnamon rolls that I wish I learned to make in a tin dab of delicious cinnamon bark. Her homemade rolls were the most gooey, soft carmel dessert I have ever had. We would stand around for hours waiting for those suckers. She also would make those round Mexican Christmas cookies with the powdered sugar and the walnuts all the time. YUUUCCKK I hated walnuts!
Anyway, I think I am going to put the blend on Etsy as the blend is a hug for everyone. I am trying to figure out a name for this big hug.
Hugs to you all!
-Kait
I created a perfume blend this morning dedicated to mothers and the support and comfort they can bring. I was pretty heavy with emotions I have been feeling a bit blue. I could use one of those hugs that only a mom can give.
My mom passed Christmas Eve 2004. Her hugs were smothering..actually I couldn't breathe and would try to squirm out of them but when I was sick I wanted and received her full attention. She would buy me a book and sign it, there would be a treat and a little gift. this was always a great surprise as we were poor as mud.
She was a mom that would always let me know she loved me. She would always say, " I love you to pieces!"
That was kind of funny because it made me think of an axe murderer as she said it in her chipmunk-like high voice.
In creating this scent I wanted a big comforting, reassuring hug. The kind when you are at your lowest and feel the most vulnerable and damn, you just admit you could use a mom's love at that moment..
We all have complicated relationships with our parents but this is a scent celebrating history, nurturing and safety. I used all of the notes that give me the most relaxed of feelings. I became emotional making it, but felt wrapped in a blanket as well.
I used vegetable musk for the mamma element, sweet balsams, my infused vanilla for feeling like you could use a blanket. Myrrh (my home infused) and frankincense for a mom's wisdom. Labdanum, organic patchouli and vetiver for when I was born. (1969 my mom was a free spirit and had bone straight hair black hair and looked great in a mini skirt.)
I didn't hold back using my my favorite sandalwoods, rose otto and ylang 1, It represents the heart and that the notes speak of how she always believed I could do anything, told me I was beautiful and encouraged the arts. She also always called me, "rose bud lips" She would coo that I had that shape of mouth as a baby.
The single top note is in tribute my mom's cinnamon rolls that I wish I learned to make in a tin dab of delicious cinnamon bark. Her homemade rolls were the most gooey, soft carmel dessert I have ever had. We would stand around for hours waiting for those suckers. She also would make those round Mexican Christmas cookies with the powdered sugar and the walnuts all the time. YUUUCCKK I hated walnuts!
Anyway, I think I am going to put the blend on Etsy as the blend is a hug for everyone. I am trying to figure out a name for this big hug.
Hugs to you all!
-Kait
Mom do stands for comfort they are always around to give love in touch and memories. This scent sound beautiful and pure from the heart.
ReplyDelete