Update:"a kiss from an old flame" now tres exotic! "the giving tree" now for the inner child?
Wow, the perfume, "A kiss..." has taken a whole new turn. I was a bit dismayed when my in house tester had a whiff and thought it smelled medicinal and incensey. I knew I wanted to add more depth and felt it too sweet. I noticed on my note card I had forgotten the galbanum. I love how it can lift a whole perfume adding a green leafy quality, mixing well with florals and spices.
I picture and wanted to create a scent that was exotic, sensual, floral and spicy. I had been waiting patiently for an order of oils to come in I just knew the scent called for some Davana and Tagetes. Davana smells like fresh, sweet apricots to me. I can see how woman would want to wear the flower in their hair in India. The hypnotic, very sexy fragrance must attract who ever is around like bears to honey.
The Tagetes is helpful in that it tones down some of the overwhelming sweetness I was fighting and complements the davana perfectly. You need a light hand with tagetes oil as it is very herbaceous, ripe and green.
This is the most strongly scented and complex perfume I have produced thus far.
In other news my fir balsam absolute laden, "the giving tree" has turned child-like in scent. It is like a kid wanders into a make-believe, ultra viridian green forest and sits to read his/ her favorite book chewing grape bubble gum. Sounds unwearable but it is actually an adorable scent. Something for revisiting innocence, pretend play and daydreams as a child. It would be especially effecting on someone who grew up near or played in forests as a kid.
I picture and wanted to create a scent that was exotic, sensual, floral and spicy. I had been waiting patiently for an order of oils to come in I just knew the scent called for some Davana and Tagetes. Davana smells like fresh, sweet apricots to me. I can see how woman would want to wear the flower in their hair in India. The hypnotic, very sexy fragrance must attract who ever is around like bears to honey.
The Tagetes is helpful in that it tones down some of the overwhelming sweetness I was fighting and complements the davana perfectly. You need a light hand with tagetes oil as it is very herbaceous, ripe and green.
This is the most strongly scented and complex perfume I have produced thus far.
In other news my fir balsam absolute laden, "the giving tree" has turned child-like in scent. It is like a kid wanders into a make-believe, ultra viridian green forest and sits to read his/ her favorite book chewing grape bubble gum. Sounds unwearable but it is actually an adorable scent. Something for revisiting innocence, pretend play and daydreams as a child. It would be especially effecting on someone who grew up near or played in forests as a kid.
The sample I got for A Kiss (that I am in love with) smells very sexy and strong to begin with so i cannot wait until you list this new exotic creation of A Kiss.
ReplyDeleteOhhh, I really hope I do your version justice. The other amazing addition is an 35,000 year old amber resin oil that I am adding. Now that is an old flame!
ReplyDelete